Sunday, January 9, 2011

Home

I will tell you one thing. Living car-less really makes your appreciate your home. After walking around the city all day, all I wanted to do was go home and relax. While my husband did this...
I did this...

I love banana bread. I really love it actually. And I decided tonight I needed some in my life pronto. I used this recipe as a starting point and branched out a little.

Banana bread ala Meg.


Ingredients:

  • 3 medium ripe bananas
  • 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup sucanat
  • 1 tablespoon molasses
  • 1 cup peanut flour
  • 1 cup flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I love cinnamon)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3 tablespoons flax seed
Mix banana and wet ingredients. Separately mix dry. Add together until just incorporated. Bake at 350 until done inside! Side note. This is a pretty heavy bread. Delicious but not your 'typical' banana bread.

Holy Yum .

I know it doesn't look that good in the photo. But it was delicious.

It also doesn't hurt to chase it down with some of this beauty.

Last of the season. =o( Oh well, enjoy it while it lasts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment