Monday, January 31, 2011

What’s up?

 

Here’s what I have been up to. On Saturday, we went and tried a new food cart out. Delicious.

photo

I got the chickpea sandwich with a side of chickpea fries that I begrudgingly shared with my husband.

We explored a kind of new neighborhood.

photo (1)

And ate a delicious cookie and read the paper.

photo (2)

Sunday was an adventure! After church we headed out on my long weekend run. It’s a stepdown week, so I was just supposed to do 11 miles. We wanted to go check out a vintage road bike that we found on craigslist, so I ran 8 miles to the ladies house. We really liked to bike and decided to impulse buy and get it.

IMG_3728

It need’s some work, but it’s perfectly fine to ride right now. It’s really, really heavy though. Eric tells me back in the day, they used to make really light steel frames but then load them up with heavy steel components. The rear fender/rack/tire rims are what’s weighing this beauty down. I love it though and am very excited to be able to keep up with Eric now on bike rides!

IMG_3724

Oh yeah, on the way to get the bike, I sat on some huge shoes. We found the Adidas company head quarts and they have these big shoes out front.

 

Today has been filled with lot’s of odds and ends. I started our taxes…ugh and I made the yummiest hummus ever.

Sweet Potato Hummus

  • 1 large sweet potato baked or microwaved with the skin removed
  • 2 C cooked chickpeas or about a 15 oz can. (buy chickpeas in bulk, soak them for 4-8 hours and then boil them until soft. It will save you a TON of money)
  • 3 Tbsp Tahini
  • 1-2 Tsp Siracha. Or any hot sauce.
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Water-about 3/4 C.

Throw everything into a food processor and pulse baby pulse. Add water as needed. I like semi thick hummus so I added about 3/4c but you could always add less.

I had a hard time not eating all of this. I am addicted to sweet potato’s and this was a delicious way to get them into my mouth incorporate them into more dishes.

Thing’s I will do with this hummus.

  • Spread for a veggie sandwich
  • Dump a Tbsp or two on a salad
  • Dip for veggies
  • Toast for breakfast. Yes, I might be crazy
  • You could even coat some pasta with this

I’ll try to get a photo of this hummus tomorrow when I have daylight! But for now, go make this. You won’t regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment