Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Three days off

Since I only work part-time I usually find myself with three-four days off every week. Most times they are three days right in a row with the other day being Sunday.
I am really getting to the point where I hate these days off.
At first it was nice because it was like a mini-vacation in the middle of my week.
But the more time off I have, the less things I have to get done.
There is only so much apartment cleaning a girl can do.

I don't sit still for long periods of time very well, and since we got rid of our tv (did I tell you that? well more on that later) it's challenging to find enough things to do before I go crazy.

This week however I am excited about. Chris (mother in law) is starting a community (church community) garden at Southside CofC and Eric and I are going to get a plot of land to grow on.
Since we are not going to be here the entire summer we have been looking for things that we can grow that will yield produce before we leave. Things like lettuce, spinach, herbs, tomatoes...you get the idea.

Anyways, I am going to be getting the seeds to begin sprouting them today or tomorrow and I'm excited. When I was young I hated gardening, but now I am really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment