Friday, October 29, 2010

Back at it

 

For some reason, I had given up on running.

I don’t know if it was lack of motivation or what, but I just couldn’t get myself to go out and run.

Well, my pants started to fit a little tighter and I noticed my lack of energy and over all feeling of blahness. (yes, that is a word now) Also I was getting more frequent headaches, and I’m so over that.

Back to running I go!

Today I hit the streets for a solid 2.5 miles. Not a lot, but I really feel like I have a lot of ground to make up. It’s super hilly where we live in the city…ok, ok, it’s hilly everywhere but we are right on the edge of Forest Park so it’s even hillier. It was a struggle to get back out, and get moving…but I did it.

Seems to be 21 days to make something a habit? So I hope I can get back on the running wagon for good by day 21.

 

Also, Eric and I are considering joining a gym. There is one really close to us, and it has a pool and all the normal weight and cardio machines. As well as classes like spinning, and yoga or pilates.

It would be nice to be able to lift weight and take classes in the winter months. Also on a super rainy day, be able to run inside.

And on that note, I will leave you with a photo I took while driving alone through Idaho. I think it’s beautiful. photo

No comments:

Post a Comment