Friday, February 25, 2011

Banana Scramble

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I LOVE it. Sometimes I lay away at night thinking about what I'm going to have for breakfast the next day. I think I might have shared these on here before, but this morning I was craving a banana scramble. I have taken bits and pieces from different recipes to make my own.

I started making this before I remembered to take photos. You start by mashing a banana till eggish texture. Then I threw in chia seeds, flax seed, oats, peanut flour, cinnamon and soy milk.
Mix it all up till everything is nicely combined and then let it sit for a few minutes to get a little thicker.
Then drop half (or all if you have a big enough pan) into a nonstick.
You want it to get a slight crust on it, kind of like pancakes. They will never firm up like pancakes though so just wait until it's at a stage that you can flip it.
I think it took around 5 minutes to get to that point. Then cook the other half if you need to and serve.

Today I topped mine with strawberry jam on half and a little greek yogurt on the other half. I am trying to up my protein intake. I have been sore for the past few days from weights and yoga and I'm hoping adding more protein will help.

This recipes makes a lot. I usually serve these on a toasted english muffin, so if I'm doing that, I will half the recipe. But if I'm just serving it straight up with no other sides, I can easily eat all of this.

Banana Scramble

1 banana
1/2 c rolled or instant oats
1 tbs chia seeds
2 tsp flax seed
2 tsp cinnamon ( I love cinnamon so you can add less if you don't)
6 Tbs soy milk, or your milk of choice.

These would be really good if you added different spices, or added less banana and subbed in some applesauce. Or used a muesli mix instead of just straight rolled oats. Lot's of possibilities. Oh, and here is the nutritional breakdown before the toppings.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment