Monday, February 21, 2011

House sitting

We have been house sitting for some friends this weekend. I absolutely love their house. And they have the best view on a clear morning.

Yup. Gorgeous right? We took advantage of their car and drove to Astoria OR to visit. Not much going on there except some small stores and a delicious brewery. We might go back for the beer alone. =o) Here is their kitchen that just so happens to be the size of our entire studio. No, I am not exaggerating.

They were supposed to fly back in last night but got stuck because of the weather, so Eric and I had to spend another night here. Oh bummer. =o)

This morning I drove him to work. He hasn't been biking because he has been sick with a cold and biking to and from work is the last thing he needs right now. Afterwards I paid a visit to the gym. I took Friday-Sunday off completely from exercise and I was going a little crazy. I missed my daily sweat. I felt like my achilles tendon was feeling so much better, so I jumped on the treadmill. After a mile I knew I needed to stop. This aching pain will just not go away! I resolved myself to the elliptical which is soooo boring. 9 miles later, I was done.

I hurried home to shower and ice my ankle.
And I just made an appointment with a sports medicine doctor to have him take a look and make sure nothing is really wrong with it. Well nothing besides what I think is just the tendon. We shall see. It's looking like I won't be running the marathon in April though. More on that another time.

I'm off to make myself some lunch in this beautiful big kitchen!

Happy Presidents day!

No comments:

Post a Comment