Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My valentines day

 

Lately I have been getting up with Eric at 6, eating breakfast and leaving when he leaves. He heads to work, I head to the gym. Ever since my tendonitis last week, I have been trying to put in a solid two hours a day at the gym. Usually 1.5 hours spent on some kind of cardio machine (except treadmill) and .5 hours spent weight training. Can I tell you how much I hate being on the elliptical for more than an hour? It’s so mind-numbingly boring, but I really don’t want to loose the muscle or stamina that I have worked so hard to build up.

So that’s how my Valentines day started. After stopping at the dollar store to pick up essentials like a red tablecloth, spatula, tin foil, I headed home to showah my stinky self. I guess the plus of working out at the gym is climate control, but that doesn’t mean I don’t get all drippy sweaty.

Lunch was something yummy.

IMG_3756

1/2 frozen banana, 1 c. soymilk, 1 packet Amazing meal powder. 1 LARGE handful spinach. Blend, blend blend and top with granola.

Amazing meal is basically a packet filled with vitamins and protein powder. I had the mango flavored one and it was really, really strong. I should have halved the packet. I didn’t even really care for the flavor. Next time, I will stick with the chocolate flavor.

I also had two slices leftover homemade pizza that I topped with zucchini. I love zucchini so much. Yumm.

IMG_3758

ha. See the bite marks? I should have eaten red food for Valentines Day but green was the color of the day!

Eric brought me home these gorgeous flowers. He picked them all out himself. I’m very impressed and so blessed.

photo (2)

Come on! How beautiful are those!?

We debated going out, but since we are trying to save money I decided to cook dinner in.

First course was a spinach salad with pears, strawberries, blueberries and almonds. Topped with a balsamic vinaigrette.

photo (3)

Can you tell the grocery store was featuring berries? I know they are not seasonal and this goes against seasonal eating but sometimes you just was some darn berries in the middle of winter!

Second course was homemade black bean burgers with guacamole and veggies and a side of roasted broccoli (that I forgot about in the oven and they got a little over done. Oops!)

photo (4)

And for dessert we went out to a local brewery and split a chocolate chip bread pudding that was out of this world good. I also sipped on a small pour of a delicious orange cream ale.

All in all, I had a wonderful day filled with love. I know you should show your love every day but sometimes its nice to do extra special things!

Unfortunately  I seem to be coming down with something? I have a really bad scratchy throat that I am trying to nurse with some hot tea. Here’s hoping it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment