Monday, June 7, 2010

Things I am looking forward to.

I have been thinking a lot about the things I am getting excited for in Portland.
It's not just the idea of a new place but the things that I am going to get to experience that make me so excited I can hardly sleep at night. Here's a small list of the things on my mind right now.

  1. Joining a running group. I was going to try and join a group here in GR but I didn't want to get to settled in something and have to leave three months later. I am really excited to get involved with a organization that encourages running and schedules events and such. I need accountability and a running group is just the perfect thing.
  2. Decorating a new place! I am already starting to think colors and furniture and designs. We never really set up our apartment here. After the wedding we just kind of threw stuff on the walls and called it good. I'm really to paint and find good art and figure out what quality furniture to buy. No more getting random stuff from Goodwill. (Although there can be some awesome stuff at GW!!)
  3. Trader Joe's & Whole Foods. I'm ready to live a place that supports our lifestyle. I've basically gone 98% vegetarian, Eric's on his way and it's to hard to find places to eat out here where you can get something more than a salad. Or when we are not eating out, at least be able to get fresh good (organic and local) produce! The farmer's market has started up now so there are a few more options. But the farm markets there are amazing!!!
That's it for now. There's so much more running through my head but I'll just say those three for now. I'm off to spend some much needed time with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment