Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011 Goals

I try not to do new years resolutions. I just don't really like them. Instead, I wanted to put together a list of Goals for 2011. Btw, can you believe it's already going to be 2011 next week? AH! Not me. I just got used to 2010. Ok here we go.

1. Run three marathons, plus a half and a 15k at least.


I'm just really starting to enjoy running. And since I am getting into Marathon shape for my upcoming race in April, why not keep in that shape and knock out a couple this year. The ones I am looking to do this year (as long as they don't sell out before I can get the money to register) are-

2. Start a garden, and take a gardening class.


We have our name in to get a plot this year. It will be small, but I am looking forward to having a space we can grow yummy veggies on. I'm also looking forward to learning more about what kinds of produce grow best here, and when is the best time to start planting.

3. Travel to at least 2 new places.

Since we live so close to California and Canada, we thought this year our two vacation spots would be somewhere in Northern CA, and Vancouver B.C. I am soo looking forward to discovering the West Coast!

4. Fall more in love with this man.

Sappy alert! We have been through a lot this past year. With the end of school, moving cross country, stress of finding new jobs..etc, we have learned a lot about each other but everyday I feel more and more blessed that I married someone who can put up with all my quirks.

5. Find a job that I love.

I don't know where it will be, but a big goal for me this year is to find a job that I absolutely love. I have never had a job like that. Life is to short to hate where I am, or what I'm doing. I must do something I love, or I will go crazy.

6. Do something that scares me.

I dont want to get to comfortable in life. I want challenges and adventure. Therefore, I must do something that scares the you know what out of me, every so often. Put myself out there in an awkward situation so that I can change, learn, adapt, discover. I think I am going to start by taking a class at the local community college. No, not english or math...but better! I'm not going to share what class just yet. But when I start, I will be sure to spill.

Ok. I think that's it. I dont want to overload myself with goals. A few good hard ones will do. I hope putting this out there will keep me accountable. Sometimes you need a good kick in the pants you know?

Anyone out there have any goals they want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment