Monday, December 20, 2010

Life is changing again??

As of last night, I was informed that my last day of work will be January 7th. Which is weird because I am at the point where I'm only working on Sunday's (besides this week) so I'm assuming my last day will be Jan 2nd.

There is a slim possibility that a position might open up at another store that I could try and apply for, but seeing as how all the stores are over hours, it doesn't look like they will be doing any hiring anytime soon.

What does that mean? Welp, it means I begin the job search again. I cannot even begin to tell you how much this stresses me out. We are at a point where I do not need to work. Eric makes enough to cover our bills and then some. HOWEVER, I want to work! I want to be busy and have something to do. I am so bored of sitting at home. And extra cash to put into the savings account is always a good thing!

I knew taking the job that it was temporary, but I guess I always hoped they would hire me on or I could move to another position. Now, I am back to the question I was asking just a few months ago...what now?

In other news, you know you live in a rainy place when the forecast looks like this.No percentages, just, rainy likely. Looks like we will be having a wet Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your job loss. Even though you knew this might be a possibility, it's still hard to hear those words. And you did everything you could to impress them with your serving, cheerful attitude. I'll not say something annoying like, "Well, God must have other plans for you," because it's well, kind of annoying (although it is obviously true). I'm sorry that you have to hit the pavement again. I'm sorry that you have too much time on your hands right now because I know that for you it's downright boring. I wish I lived near you so we could find something to do together. There are no easy answers, Meg. But my arms are hugging you across the miles. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete