I almost missed my yoga class today. I kept thinking it was at 10, but as I was walking out the door at 9:35 I realized it was at 9:45. Thankfully I jumped onto the streetcar and was there only 3 minutes late. I really hate walking in late to a class, but seeing as how they had just started, I figured it was ok. I had never been to this particular class today and I was not really impressed. Pretty slow and boring…but seeing as how I was the only person in the room under the age of 60, I kind of figured the class was more toned down for a reason.
As soon as I got home, I started on something delicious. Well, two delicious things but one at a time. First up, Macaroons!!
(not my picture…source)
I have never made macaroons before and I got the craving for them last night. They are pretty healthy and super easy to make.
I did not use my own recipe, so I don’t feel right about putting the exact ingredients on here. I used this recipe, so if you want to click there for the measurements…please do!
First off, sorry for the bad photos. We only have 1 set of AA batteries, and Eric takes them for his bike light. Therefor I am left to use my iPhone.
1. You will need these ingredients.
Now, if you don’t have agave syrup, I’m 100% sure you could add honey. But since I’ve gone vegan for the next while, I had to use agave syrup.
2. Add nuts and pulse.
They need to get pretty fine.
3. Add all the rest of the ingredients except agave/honey & coconut oil. Pulse some more.
It should start to get clumpy.
4. Add agave and oil. Pulse a few more times. And just like that, your done!
5. Scoop out with a 1-2 T onto a baking sheet.
6. Bake at 200 degrees for about 50 minutes.
Pretty simple, and so delicious.
Next delicious thing. Smoothie! Oh my goodness this was so good. I didn’t do exact measuring, but it went something like this.
- 1 sm. container soy yogurt
- 1/2 cup (or more) soymilk
- 8-10 whole frozen strawberries
- 1/4 c. peanut flour (protein baby!)
- 1 big handful raw oats (totally made this smoothie!)
Adding the peanut flour gives it a delicious peanuty flavor, and the raw oatmeal really bulked it up and make it so yummy. I wish I had some spinach, that would just make it even better. A little green yummy power.
I am also making energy bars today, but I will post the recipe for those tomorrow! Enjoy your Wednesday!