Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Two things Tuesday

  1. The other night, I decided to do a lot of yoga. By alot I mean about a half an hour but for me that's a lot because I don't do it nearly as much as I would like. That much new yoga at one time left me really sore yesterday. I thought I would be a good idea to go for a run to loosen things up. That would have been a good idea, if I had kept things slow but I wanted to stay under 9 min miles. (Yes, I am a very slow runner) About two miles in I was ready to turn back. Of course turning around meant running back up this huge hill that I had just come down and also running into the wind. About halfway up the hill, I quit. I'm so ashamed of myself. I just gave up. I walked the rest and managed to convince myself to run/jog the rest of the way home.
Now, I am NOT saying walking is a bad thing, but for me to just quit halfway up a hill was a big deal. I'm not a super runner, in fact I really don't think I am very good at it, but I do NOT like to quit things. I just felt so upset with myself afterwards. I wish I would have pushed through and made it to the top. Lately, running has been very difficult for me. I don't know if it's because of the heat, or lack of motivation or what but I am having to work extra hard to get going everyday. I'm hoping to find a race sometime in Sept/Oct for some motivation. I think that would help a lot.

2. My husband has been amazing. He bikes next to me while I run, tries to come up with things to talk about, doesn't yell at me for quitting for make me feel bad. He encourages me while I am down and struggling. He tells me I look good all sweaty, (that one may be a lie! ;o) He gives me back massages and leg massages. He is just a really wonderful man and I am very thankful for him.

SOOOO these aren't really what two things Tuesdays are supposed to be but they are things that I have been thinking about. Sorry if I bored you. I'm headed to the beach tomorrow. I'll try to take some interesting pictures to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment