Thursday, August 19, 2010

Granola Recipe

I made this recipe tonight and its amazing.

Double Coconut Granola

6 C. rolled oats
1 2/3 C. unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 C. clover honey
1/3 C. virgin coconut oil
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. kosher salt

1. Heat oven to 300F.

2. In a large bowl, combine oats and shredded coconut.

3. In a small saucepan, cook honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt over medium heat until the mixture just begins to simmer.

4. Pour honey/oil mixture over oats and coconut flakes, and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.

5. Spread out granola on a baking sheet. Place in oven, bake for 10 minutes, then stir granola. Repeat until granola is well-toasted — this took me four stirs, or 40 minutes total cooking time.

6. Cool on baking sheet, stirring occasionally. When cooled, store in airtight containers for up to 2 weeks. Can refrigerate or freeze for longer shelf life.

*************************************************************
It's not my recipe. I found it here.

I am so in love with it though. It was really cheap to get the ingredients.
Coconut $2.00 (and you could easily double the recipe with the HUGE bag I got for that cheap)
Oats-my mom had already but come on those are cheap.
Coconut Oil-I didn't have any so I subbed veg. oil and it worked just fine.
Honey $2.50

You get SOO much with the recipe too. Seriously. Try it. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment