Friday, August 13, 2010

Here is what is going on-

After a LOT of crying, praying, stressing, and yelling...we had two decisions we could make.

1. I stay here in Portland. Eric hopes to sign off his project next Monday and would HOPEFULLY fly back next Tuesday. Pro's-save more money. Con's-I am alone for another 4+days without furniture or anyone here with me. We won't know if Eric will get to sign off on Monday so if he doesn't, I could be here another week+ by myself.

2. I fly back to MI. Pro's- I get to be with my husband. I get to see my family. I don't have to be alone trying to find things to do for 4+days. Con's-It costs us MORE money.

I don't know if the right answer came to you but for me it was hard. I can't even begin to describe to you the feelings I have had here. Every day hoping today is the day Eric gets signed off and every day hearing the news that it didn't happen.

My head on this told me it was wiser for me to just stay it Portland, save the money and tough it out. My heart told me that I needed a support system and I needed to see my husband.

What would you do?

I booked the flight.
I would rather have no money and be with my husband than have plenty of money and be alone. Faith in God. That's what we have been saying back and forth to each other this entire time. I don't know if this is the best decision, but I do know that this is the decision that helps me get to my husband. I may not be as strong and brave as everyone thinks and that's ok.

We will be poor. But we will be together. I am so excited to see his face.

Please still keep praying that Monday they get signed off. Please.

1 comment:

  1. Katie O'connorAugust 13, 2010 at 9:54 PM

    Thats such a sweet thing to say that you don't mind being poor cause you wanna be with your husband. Thats exactly how I feel.

    ReplyDelete