Friday, September 3, 2010

Thursday...(already??)

All morning I was really debating whether or not to go to that informational interview about the internship. The fact that there was no pay except a cut of the tips, was turning me off a lot.
I believe this is one of those reason why God has it in place for people to not be alone. Eric made me go.

He did. He made me go and I am so glad I did!
The restaurant is this super cute little place that has an open kitchen and bar floor plan. Lot's of little tables and very lovely feeling.
I sat down with the two chefs and told them a little about me, my future plans, what I am looking for...etc...

They basically offered me the position. I think.
The ending of our interview was very odd. The one chef said something like..
'well we really need someone on Wednesdays and Thursdays...so if this sounds like something your interested in....'
And he kind of stopped talking at that point.
I jumped in with the only thing that is holding me back. The money!
Or lackthereof.
I told him honestly that I needed a couple days to think about it with my husband and I would get back with him.
He said ok, we shook hands and I left.

It was a very weird ending but I'm assuming that was his way of offering me the job? Well, I'm taking it that it was.

OK, what would I be doing? Basically everything. This is my dream job. I would be learning from the ground up. Doing everything from the dishes to the cooking, to working the bar (wine only), to serving and hostessing.
It would be so amazing.

BUT, there is no income. And at this time in our lives, an income is a very important thing.

I dont know what to do. I am praying and thinking and praying.

In other news, Eric had a phone interview this afternoon with a company that he would love to work for. Then another company called to set up a phone interview for next Wednesday.
If Eric got offered a job, then I could take this internship.
But I WILL not be putting the pressure on him.
There will always be another opportunity, I hope and you know...whatever happens will happen and I will trust that God has a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment